On Monday, November 8, 2021, 8:30 p.m. ET, tune in to the Giller Light Bash to watch the 2021 Scotiabank Giller Prize winner announced with lovers of Canadian literature all across Canada.
The Giller Light Bash combines a taste of the Scotiabank Giller Prize Gala formalities with an affordable price in an exciting party environment. Originally organized as a house party by a group of friends in 2002, the Bash has grown into a full-scale event with over 1,600 people celebrating Canadian literature and supporting literacy from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
Guests are encouraged to make a charitable donation in support of Frontier College’s literacy programs to receive access the Giller Light Bash’s virtual event, which will start 30 minutes before the live broadcast begins. Hosted by Meghan Yuri Young, you will enjoy a fun evening filled with games, contests, exciting prizes, an amazing silent auction and much, much more. All proceeds from this event will support Frontier College, a national charitable literacy organization.
Register now to attend this free event on Monday, November 8.
The online auction will take place on Monday, November 1, and close on Monday, November 8, 2021. Visit www.gillerlightbash.ca to register to receive updates about the auction.
The 2021 Shortlist
- Omar El Akkad for his novel What Strange Paradise, published by McClelland & Stewart, an imprint of Penguin Random House Canada
- Angélique Lalonde for her story collection Glorious Frazzled Beings, published by House of Anansi
- Cheluchi Onyemelukwe-Onuobia for her novel The Son of The House, published by Dundurn Press
- Jordan Tannahill for his novel The Listeners, published by HarperCollins Canada
- Miriam Toews for her novel Fight Night, published by Knopf Canada, an imprint of Penguin Random House Canada
The 2021 Scotiabank Giller Prize winner will be announced on November 8, at 9 p.m. ET via a live broadcast on CBC.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram to stay up-to-date with the latest Scotiabank Giller Prize news.