The Scotiabank Giller Prize shortlist will be announced on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at 10:30 a.m. ET. We hope that you will watch the announcement live on Facebook.
This year’s longlist includes:
- David Bergen for his novel Away From the Dead, published by Goose Lane Editions
- Sarah Bernstein for her novel Study For Obedience, published by Knopf Canada
- Eleanor Catton for her novel Birnam Wood, published by McClelland & Stewart
- Kevin Chong for his novel The Double Life of Benson Yu, published by Simon & Schuster
- Nina Dunic for her novel The Clarion, published by Invisible Publishing
- Erum Shazia Hasan for her novel We Meant Well, published by ECW Press
- Dionne Irving for her short story collection, The Islands: Stories, published by Catapult
- Kathryn Kuitenbrouwer for her novel Wait Softly Brother, published by Wolak & Wynn
- Menaka Raman-Wilms for her novel The Rooftop Garden, published by Nightwood Editions
- CS Richardson for his novel All The Colour in the World, published by Knopf Canada
- Kasia Van Schaik for her short story collection We Have Never Lived on Earth, published by The University of Alberta Press
- Deborah Willis for her novel Girlfriend on Mars, published by Hamish Hamilton
The shortlisted authors will be going on tour! Between the Pages: An Evening with the Scotiabank Giller Prize Finalists will take you inside the minds and creative lives of the writers on the 2023 shortlist. All venues are wheelchair accessible. Travel for the BTP tour has been generously provided by The Azrieli Foundation.
- Vancouver – October 16
- Ottawa – October 18
- Halifax – November 2
- Toronto – November 7
For more information and to get tickets, please visit scotiabankgillerprize.ca/btp.
Watch the 2023 Scotiabank Giller Prize broadcast on Monday, November 13 at 9 p.m. local time (11:30 p.m. AT, 12 a.m. NT) on CBC TV and the free CBC Gem streaming service, with a live stream also available on cbcbooks.ca/gillerprize. Listeners can tune into a broadcast special on CBC Radio One and CBC Listen at 9 p.m. ET (10 p.m. AT, 10:30 p.m. NT). The host will be revealed during the shortlist announcement.
Visit our website to learn more about this year’s longlist.
Want to be reminded about the longlist announcement? Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, X, and Instagram.