On November 7, at 9 p.m. (11:30 p.m. AT, 12 midnight NT), the 2022 Scotiabank Giller Prize winner will be announced during a live broadcast at the Four Seasons Hotel Toronto. The evening will be hosted by Indian Canadian author, artist and performer Rupi Kaur and award-winning actress and producer Sarah Gadon. Presented commercial-free courtesy of our lead presenting sponsor Scotia Wealth Management, the broadcast will be available on CBC, CBC Gem, CBC Radio One, CBC Listen and CBC Books.
If you plan to listen, please tune in at 9 p.m. ( 10 p.m. AT/ 10:30 p.m. NT).
This year’s shortlist includes:
- Kim Fu for her short story collection, Lesser Known Monsters of the 21st Century, published by Coach House Books
- Rawi Hage for his short story collection, Stray Dogs, published by Knopf Canada, an imprint of Penguin Random House Canada
- Tsering Yangzom Lama for her novel, We Measure The Earth With Our Bodies, published by McClelland & Stewart, an imprint of Penguin Random House
- Suzette Mayr for her novel, The Sleeping Car Porter, published by Coach House Books
- Noor Naga for her novel, If an Egyptian Cannot Speak English, published by Graywolf Press
We hope you will tune in live to watch the big reveal!