The 2021 Scotiabank Giller Prize winner will be announced during a live broadcast on November 8, 2021, at 9 p.m. ET (11:30 AT, 12 midnight NT). Watch on CBC and the free CBC Gem streaming service, with a livestream also available on cbcbooks.ca/gillerprize. Listeners can tune in to a broadcast special on CBC Radio One and CBC Listen.
This year’s gala will be hosted by Canadian actor Paul Sun-Hyung Lee and poet, artist, and performer Rupi Kaur. The broadcast will be presented commercial-free courtesy of Scotia Wealth Management.
The 2021 Scotiabank Giller Prize shortlist includes:
- Omar El Akkad for his novel What Strange Paradise, published by McClelland & Stewart, an imprint of Penguin Random House Canada
- Angélique Lalonde for her story collection Glorious Frazzled Beings, published by House of Anansi
- Cheluchi Onyemelukwe-Onuobia for her novel The Son of The House, published by Dundurn Press
- Jordan Tannahill for his novel The Listeners, published by HarperCollins Canada
- Miriam Toews for her novel Fight Night, published by Knopf Canada, an imprint of Penguin Random House Canada
A reminder that once the winner is announced, we will be sharing the news via our social media channels and email newsletter. If you want to watch the broadcast after it has aired, to avoid spoilers we recommend not looking at our social media channels and newsletter.
We hope you will tune in on November 8, at 9 p.m. ET to find out who will take home the Prize!